[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy: Change spam in ***SPAM***

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun May 22 05:40:35 CEST 2005

> "header_spam_string:***SPAM***" work fine until I restart
> SpamBayes or my PC. On the configuration page I see ***SPAM***
> under Header Options but after a restart the checkbox get
> unchecked so it doesn't work any more. Bug?

:(  Yes, this is a bug, sorry.  I've fixed this in CVS, so the fix will be
in 1.1a2.  For the moment, you can run from CVS source (or 1.0.4 source and
I can provide a patch), or do the annoying step of resetting the value every
time SpamBayes is launched.

>> I'm pretty sure that Pegasus Mail lets you filter on arbitrary
>> headers
> The other filter option (look for a
> "X-Spambayes-Classification" header)
> I cann't get working in the normal filter option.

You'll have to use the "regular expression" filter option (rather than the
'standard' headers).  You'll want the rule to look something like:

X-Spambayes-Exception:\w*spam

(the \w* just means there can be any amount of whitespace there).

This will work in Pegasus Mail, which means you can avoid the above bug for
the moment.