[Spambayes] Fw: Auto-response for your message to the "Spambayes" mailing list

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon May 23 18:54:03 CEST 2005

(make sure you cc spambayes at python.org on these replies)

    Bill> I had set up Outlook Express to block certain Spam using message
    Bill> rules but that doesn't appear to work. I am still getting Spam
    Bill> with the words I have included in Message Rules.

Bill,

I'm not an OE user, so I'm not sure I can give you precise directions
without some input.  If you post the details of your OE filter (what it
triggers on) and some example subjects for messages that SpamBayes marks as
spam but that your filter misses, I'm pretty sure one of us can help.

As I recall, OE has very limited header-based filter capability (subject,
recipient, maybe sender).  Make sure you have the notate_subject option set
in your sb_server or sb_imapfilter setup.

--
Skip Montanaro
skip at pobox.com