[Spambayes] Log File Growth

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 24 01:02:52 CEST 2005

> My log file grows until it fills up my hard drive (currently
> 4 GB in size). I have read the ML archive and have seen that
> people have had this problem with 1.0.3. Also, someone on the
> ML stated that the problem would be fixed with 1.0.4.
> However, it obviously isn't since I'm using the newest
> version.

>:(.  This ought to be fixed, and certainly both my testing and the
experience of others indicated it ought to be.  What exactly is the log
filling up with?  Could you please post the line(s) that are being repeated?
If they all differ, could you post a few examples?

> Just letting you know before I most likely switch to the
> source version and edit out the code that writes to a log file.

If you run from source there are no log files; everything is output to
stdout/stderr (i.e. if you're running in a console window then it'll be put
there (or you can pipe it somewhere), if you're not, then it'll vanish
without a trace).

> Also, do I need to subscribe to the ML to see everyone's
> answers to my problem? The site did not specify.

Most people will reply both to the list and to you individually, as I have.

=Tony.Meyer