[Spambayes] spam, RE: Problem with POP3 Proxy: Change spam in ***SPAM***

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 24 08:55:52 CEST 2005

> Thanks for the patches. I'm sorry I really don't know what to
> do with them :-( Perhaps you can give me some hints, clues,
> tips and tricks wath to do with those patches?

In that case, it would be easier to just replace the files instead.
Replacement ones attached.

What you need to do is switch to running from source, if you aren't already.
This mean:

 1.  Install Python 2.4.1 <http://python.org/download>

 2.  Download spambayes-1.0.4.zip <http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>

 3.  Uninstall the binary version with Add/Remove Programs (this leaves your
configuration and training in place)

 4.  Unzip the source archive wherever you like (e.g. C:\Program
Files\SpamBayes).

 5.  Replace the three attached files (in the spambayes subdirectory when
you unzip the archive).

To run sb_server, you'll want to do something like:

  pythonw.exe "C:\Program Files\SpamBayes\windows\pop3proxy_tray.py"

This should automatically find your existing configuration and training.

You can create a shortcut that does this and put it in the Startup Items
folder in the Start menu and it'll get launched whenever you log in.

=Tony.Meyer