[Spambayes] Grok

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 31 05:53:28 CEST 2005

> I am having trouble with SpamBayes. I've read the FAQ's and
> tried various strategies, alas, to no avail. Question. How
> does one change a mail client to local host?

Somewhere in the settings in your mail account there will be the name of the
server you are connecting to (e.g. "mail.example.com".  For example, with
Outlook Express, this is done via Tools->Accounts.

> My provider in Canada operates on POP2. Is this compatible
> with SpamBayes POP3 requirement?

Are you positive that you're using POP2?  I didn't think there was anyone
left using that.  Looking at the specification, I suspect that it may work -
the proxy just passes through most information, so the different commands
should still work.  Since "RETR" is still the command for retrieving mail,
SpamBayes may still be able to intercept it correctly.  I'm certainly not
positive that it will work, though.  Surely your mail provider could manage
POP3?

=Tony.Meyer