[Spambayes] Removal of personal data from your web site

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Nov 3 01:05:18 CET 2005

> I have seen my e-mail (see it below)published on your web site
> together with
> my e-mail address. Unfortunately someone is using it for spamming and
> sending e-mail with virus.
> According to the italian law n. 196/2003 about privacy I ask You to
> remove
> my e-mail, my data and my e-mail address from Your server and  web
> site.
[...]

The SpamBayes mailing list is public and publicly archived, as
clearly documented on the SpamBayes site (see <http://spambayes.org/
contact.html>).  The purpose of the archiving is to increase the
availability of the knowledge represented
by answers to questions, which can save greatly speed up the process
of getting an answer.

There is no feasible way to retract postings.  Once you post to a
public list, you've put your message into the public domain BY YOUR
ACTION, regardless of any warnings attached to your message.  No one
does, can, or should remove this information from the internet.  Note
that any information on the web is nearly instantly duplicated in
other places (for example, Google for the message of yours, and you
will see it in many other places).

If the public nature of postings bothers you, please consider whether
a list that you would like to post to is public and/or archived before
posting.

=Tony.Meyer