[Spambayes] question

Debra CONCIDINE Debra.Concidine at state.or.us
Tue Nov 8 23:48:39 CET 2005

Hi, I have had some rather strange things happening to my Outlook
Express since starting spambayes and I was hoping someone could help me
with it.

I was able to download and start spambayes a few weeks ago.  The first
few days were great - I was training ham and spam and everything was
going well.  About the fifth day, I started receiving an error message
when I opened Outlook Express stating that it was unable to open due to
a pop3 error.  I would close Outlook and try again and the message went
away.  I don't have the exact wording because I only received the
message twice.

Then I started receiving the following message "Your server has
unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this
include server problems, network problems or a long period of
inactivity.  Socket error: 10053, error number 0 x800 CCC0f".  This was
so weird because you could still browse the web, so clearly the
connection had not terminated.  Through trial and error we learned that
if you opened webmail first, then Outlook, we were able to get to our
email.  That worked for awhile, but then something else happened.

Now when we open webmail first, then Outlook, we wait forever while it
goes through "receiving messages".  Then a message comes up that says "A
time out occurred while communicating with the server account peoplepc
online server.  Localhost protocol pop3, port:110 secure SSL: no error
number 0x800ccc19".  Sometimes if we toggle back and forth between
webmail and Outlook we can finally get Outlook open, then open spambayes
and start training.  Needless to say, this has become very tedious and
tiresome.  Sometimes it take s several tries just to get Outlook open.

I'm about ready to remove spambayes and start over with some other
anti-spam program, but I wanted to know if there is anything I can do.
Please help.

Debbie Concidine

Debbie Concidine
Seniors and People with Disabilities