[Spambayes] Intermittent SpamBayes crashes

Joel M. Halpern joel at stevecrocker.com
Fri Nov 18 04:15:02 CET 2005

I have been getting intermittent crashes of SpamBayes.
I have attached the Server log that shows one such problem.
Note that when I have such crashes, and then go to turn off my computer, I
get "interesting" error messages about problems in Windows.  It is quite
possible the problem is elsewhere in my system, but extensive diagnostics
do not show anything.

The only other evidence I have is that the crashes were more frequent last
week when I had intermittent connectivity. (I was using wireless at a
meeting, and it was broken quite often.)

The SpamBayes configuration information indicates that I am running
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0.4 (March 2005).

Is there any way to tell if this is a SpamBayes bug or a problem on my machine?

Thank you,
Joel M. Halpern

PS: I find SpamBayes a very effective tool, and appreciate the work that
goes into developing and supporting it.