[Spambayes] here's a really tough one, but at least it scored unsure!

skip@pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Nov 26 03:35:00 CET 2005

    Tony> I think messages like this are better countered with other
    Tony> techniques (that trojaned machine could well have been on a
    Tony> blacklist somewhere, for example, or we can check out the content
    Tony> of the URL, as the experimental slurping options do).

Another one that's occurred to me recently is a simple
recognized/unrecognized flag for the email address.  Most spam never seems
to come from the same place twice.  If you had a database of known addresses
(maybe just specified a list of mailboxes from which you know/assume the
emails are valid), most spam would get an unrecognized token.  Over a fairly
short time that would become a very spammy indicator.  Just one more token,
I know, but probably one that spammers would have trouble working around.

BTW, is it just me or is there a current virus storm assaulting the net?

Skip