[Spambayes] Newbie Question..

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Nov 30 01:50:17 CET 2005

> Brand new user to spambayes.  Installed the Pop3 server just fine.
> Changed Outlook [Express] to localhost.  It seems to be doing it's
> job (see header):
[...]
> But all messages are still coming into the inbox.  Obviously there
> is a setting somewhere to tell it to actually filter these messages
> but I'm not having any luck.

Actually, that's not true.  The POP3 proxy classifies mail, it does
not filter it (it's not possible for a proxy to do that).  What you
need to do is setup Outlook Express to deal with this email, in
whatever way you would like (e.g. move it to a separate folder).

The second half of FAQ 4.21 explains how to do this, if you need help:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-do-i-set-up-spambayes-and-outlook-
express>

=Tony.Meyer