[Spambayes] Export Restrictions for SpamBayes Anti-span Clientsoftware

Robert K. Coe bob at 1776.com
Wed Oct 5 04:01:46 CEST 2005

Am I missing something? I'm not a lawyer either, but a couple of points seem
pretty clear. The most obvious is that Spambayes is already in use all over
the world. If Karin's company's foreign subsidiaries want it, they can
download it off the Python website, can't they?

Beyond that, wasn't Spambayes developed largely outside the U.S. anyway? We
have Australians and New Zealanders and Frenchmen working on it and users of
many nationalities offering advice and assistance. What, exactly, would the
U.S. government think it could restrict? Even the colossal arrogance of the
Bush administration may not reach that far.

Bob