[Spambayes] Using spamcounts.py

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 5 07:02:08 CEST 2005

> How does one currently export their db into a cvs format
> as to sort in Excel?

Via this simple three step process (you may be able to skip step 1
and 2):

1.  Get and install Python <http://www.python.org/download>

2.  Get a copy of the SpamBayes source distribution.

3.  In a command prompt, go to the top directory in the expanded
distribution (the one with the README) and enter:

     python scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py -e -f .\hammie.csv

(Replace .\hammie.csv with whatever name you want the CSV file to have).

If sb_dbexpimp.py doesn't find your database, you can tell it where
it is:

     python scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py -e -f .\hammie.csv -o
"Storage:persistent_storage_file:C:\Path to\my\database.db"