[Spambayes] Nothing IN Troubleshooting

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Oct 9 13:02:21 CEST 2005

> There is NOTHING in Troubleshooting that deals with disappearing
> buttons, or
> at least I cannot see what to do from anything I see there.

Looking at the guide, it seems that the toolbar suggestions are all
under "appear but fail to work", when the heading should really be
something more like "toolbar problems".

If the steps that Richie outlined don't work, you can try deleting
outcmd.dat, as described in the guide:

"""
If all else fails, you can completely reset the Outlook toolbars by
removing the file \Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data
\Microsoft\Outlook\outcmd.dat Although this is undocumented by
Microsoft, we have never heard reports of problems. If you are
paranoid, simply rename this file so that you have a copy.
"""

It would also be worth checking that the add-in is actually loading,
as described here:

<http://cvs.sf.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/
Outlook2000/docs/troubleshooting.html?rev=HEAD#Addin_doesnt_load>

=Tony.Meyer