[Spambayes] rebuild database?

skip@pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 10 14:29:45 CEST 2005

    Louise> Also, my database is now 2,536 kb - is this too large?

Mine's about twice that and has grown slowly but steadily to over 400 hams
and 600 spams.  One of these days I'll go through and weed out a bunch of
old messages, but it's functioning fine as-is, so I'm in no rush.

The database file is organized to allow quick lookup of words using hasing
techniques, so it necessarily has a lot of sparseness in it.  If the concept
is of interest to you, you might check out

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashing

--
Skip Montanaro
Katrina Benefit Concerts: http://www.musi-cal.com/katrina