[Spambayes] Spambayes Outlook Plugin

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 1 05:42:05 CEST 2005

> Is there any way to automate the installation of the Outlook
> plugin?

Yes.  AFIAK it's not as sophisticated as an .msi, but Inno Setup installers
(like SpamBayes) allow various command-line options to be passed to do
(e.g.) quiet installs.  See <http://www.entrian.com/sbwiki/InstallerTips>
for details.

> We would like to have the installation standardized so that
> it uses specific folders for training and messages, and to have
> it automatically train and enable without user intervention.
> Is there any way to do all or some of this through switches or
> any type of pre-installation processes?

What you're talking about here is configuration, not installation, though.
There's no way I know of to automate this process.  Some of it (selecting
particular folders to watch and the unsure/spam folders, based on the name,
I presume) would be easy enough to do if you find someone who knows Python.
For training, we highly recommend using train-on-error, so people should
just be using the "Delete as spam" and "Recover from spam" buttons.