[Spambayes] Errors in Spambayes

Glenn Anderson ganderso at tcr.com
Thu Sep 8 21:28:42 CEST 2005

First let me compliment and Thank You for an excellent program.

Now the problem, I recently had to rebuild my pc and reload XP Pro.  The XP
is SP2 with of course all of the patches and updates.

I am running Outlook 2000, because I have a license for it, it works and I
really don't need the bloat.

Previously I ran Outlook 2000 and Windows 2000, and Spambayes worked great
saved me a lot pain and aggravation.

Since going to XP the one thing I've seen is a noticeable delay when
spambayes is running, I've checked Event Logs, uninstalled and
reinstalled Spambayes, deleted the configuration files, etc.  Finally I
decided to enable the log.  Shown below is an error that repeatly
shows up in the Spambayes log file.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 283, in _Invoke_
  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 288, in _invoke_
  File "win32com\server\policy.pyc", line 581, in _invokeex_
  File "addin.pyc", line 601, in OnClick
  File "addin.pyc", line 1014, in GetSelectedMessages
  File "win32com\client\__init__.pyc", line 455, in __getattr__
  File "win32com\client\__init__.pyc", line 446, in _ApplyTypes_
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (4096, 'Microsoft
Outlook', 'The operation failed.', None, 0, -2147221233), None)
pythoncom error: Python error invoking COM method.

If you want additional information please let me know I'll be more than
happy to help.
If you get the chance and happen to know from the error what I can do to
reslove the issue I would appreciate a response.  Otherwise
Thanks again for a great program.

Sincerely,
Glenn C. Anderson