[Spambayes] Assistance Please

Martin martin_walker at tesco.net
Fri Sep 9 19:33:30 CEST 2005

Good evening,

After reading an article in PCW that recommends your product I tried installing it this week. After following the instructions to configure I have only been able to send/receive with my POP3 mail client only once but this was after various attempts. Details of config as follows:

MS Windows ME 4.90.3000
MS Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Binary Version 1.0.4(March 2005)

Attached is your configuration ini file and screen shot of my Express setup.

I'm able to ping localhost and if I change back the settings to my POP3 account in Outlook Express then it works again (directly with my mail client) then if I change it back to localhost it still doesn't work. The error within Outlook Express is as follows:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.tesco.net', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Martin Walker