[Spambayes] SpamBayes 1.1a and McAfee Security Center

Katz, Amir Amir_Katz at bmc.com
Sun Sep 11 10:43:44 CEST 2005

For months, I've been using SpamBayes at home with the proxy setup
(using Thunderbird and/or Outlook Express) w/o any problems whatsoever.
I upgraded to version 1.1a and everything was cool.

Then I installed the McAfee Security Center and then the e-mail programs
would hang upon retrieving the mail from the POP3 server - I guess it
was the SB proxy that was actually hanging.

I finally gave up on McAfee (which is a huge pain in the a** anyway) and
installed the free AVG anti-virus and the problems are gone. Another
added bonus is that when AVG scans the incoming mails, it shows a
progress bar on each message, so you know where you are in the
downloading process.

Has anyone seen the same problem with McAfee?

Thanks

Amir