[Spambayes] Spambayes and Public folders

Dave Tonner dave_tonner at cbcradio3.com
Tue Sep 13 20:42:37 CEST 2005

I wasn't sure where to post this question so please forgive me if I'm in the
wrong area....

I saw a FAQ (I think) about spambayes not working with Exchange public
folders.  The reason given was not that it couldn't do it but rather that it
was not enabled as it was felt that spamybayes was written specifically to
cover mail items only.  But many exchange/outlook users put mail in public
folder to facilitate easy sharing of 'global' correspondence.

I noticed that I can select public folders for spam review, but Spambayes
does not appear to recognize that theirs is mail in the folders (probably
because Exchange labels the folder contents as 'notes'? ).

In any case, I'd just like to put my support behind having spambayes check
public folders should that debate ever come up again.

Thanks for the great useful tool.

Regards,

Dave