[Spambayes] Setting up an 'fpfnunsure' regime that expired for Outlook?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Sep 17 04:34:21 CEST 2005

> I am using Outlook and would like to use an 'fpfnunsure' regime that
> expired.  How would I go about doing this?

Are you wanting to use this for testing, or for your actual day-to-
day training?

If you're wanting this for your day-to-day training, then there's
nothing available.  The Outlook plug-in keeps things as simple as
possible, and is really designed for fpfnunsure only.  There hasn't
been any evidence (IIRC) that expiring messages is good, so none of
the SpamBayes scripts have any support for it.

> I know that there is a .py
> script specifically for outlook and other testing scripts
> (incremental.py,
> etc.) but I'm not sure exactly how to go about it.  I also do not
> know how
> to expire data after 30 days.  Is there a script for this as well?

If you're wanting to do testing, then you can certainly do testing
with fpfnunsure and expiring.  The export.py script in the
Outlook2000 directory will export your mail from Outlook to the
testing setup.  Then sort+group.py in the testtools directory will
split up and rename the mail, readying it for using with the
incremental testing setup.  Finally, incremental.py will run the
incremental testing setup.  The incredmental readme explains this in
more detail, or ask if you want more help (I suspect this isn't what
you're wanting to do, though).  There isn't a regime setup for
fpfnunsre with expiring, but it'd be easy enough to create one (in
regimes.py in the testtools directory) - basically combining the
fpfnunsure regime and one of the expire ones.