[Spambayes] Event ID 255 Error

Dale Nemec dnemec at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 20:38:53 CEST 2005

Hello,
I searched thru the archives and didn't find any messages related to my issue, so here it is:

I upgraded from version 1.0 to v1.0.4 last night, and now the SpamBayes service won't stay running.  In my Event Viewer, I have the following error message in the Application log:

The pop3proxy service failed with an unexpected error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pop3proxy_service.pyc", line 171, in ServerThread

File "sb_server.pyc", line 922, in start

File "sb_server.pyc", line 898, in main

File "sb_server.pyc", line 872, in _createProxies

File "sb_server.pyc", line 363, in __init__

File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyc", line 281, in __init__

File "asyncore.pyc", line 299, in listen

File "<string>", line 1, in listen

error: (10022, 'Invalid argument')

The Event ID is 255.

I've already uninstalled SpamBayes (via Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs), rebooted, and reinstalled.  Still the same issue.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Dale