[Spambayes] Event ID 255 Error

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Sep 18 11:02:27 CEST 2005

> I upgraded from version 1.0 to v1.0.4 last night, and now the
> SpamBayes service won't stay running.  In my Event Viewer, I have
> the following error message in the Application log:
[...]
> File "sb_server.pyc", line 872, in _createProxies
[...]
> File "<string>", line 1, in listen
>
> error: (10022, 'Invalid argument')

My best guess would be that the configuration is bad (although I
don't know why this wouldn't have been a problem with 1.0 as well).
Open up the bayescustomize.ini file (e.g. in notepad) and check what
it is for the server_name and listen_port values.  Alternatively,
rename the bayescustomize.ini file, see if it starts up, and if it
does, it's definitely at fault (so you can either try to find the bad
entry, or just reconfigure).