[Spambayes] Odd error message

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Mon Sep 19 16:55:48 CEST 2005

Could this be the old Outlook-fails-to-update-the-window bug?  On my
machine, messages often remain displayed in the message pane after I've
used a SpamBayes button to classify them.  However, they've actually
been moved to the appropriate destination, as I can verify by clicking
the corresponding folder.  (Actually, even clicking the currently
selected folder again seems to force the display to be refreshed, at
which point the moved messages are no longer listed.)  What happens if
you follow the same procedure?

This seems to happen only with certain Outlook installations.  It never
happened on my machine until I installed Service Pack 2 for Windows XP.
It's a mild annoyance now that I understand how it's behaving, though it
would certainly be nice if we could find a way to make this reproducible
so it could be fixed or worked around.  SP2 seems to have introduced
other, similar Outlook problems unrelated to SpamBayes, so I'm inclined
to suspect that the problem is Outlook rather than SpamBayes.