[Spambayes] Help...

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 29 01:29:15 CEST 2005

> SpamBayes simply stopped working. I have run Outlook Detect and
> Repair, I have downloaded SpamBayes version (older) and 1.04…
> nothing seems to work.
>
> Stats: OS is XPHome; IE6; Outlook 2002.
[...]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "addin.py", line 72, in ?
>
> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\DOCUME~1\\Peter\
> \LOCALS~1\\Temp\\spambayes1.log'
[...]

It appears that SpamBayes isn't able to get permission to write to
your temp directory.  The temp directory should be accessible to any
program; it's likely you'll have problems with other applications if
that permission isn't available.

To change the permission of the folder, open up Windows Explorer
(Windows-E) and type in the address bar: "C:\Documents and Settings
\Peter\Local Settings\" (no quotes).  Find the folder named "Temp" in
there, and right click it and choose "Properties".  You can change
the permissions in this dialog - I don't have access to a Windows
machine right at the moment, but I think it's on the "Sharing" tab
under permissions.

It's possible that some other program (which you have presumably
recently installed or updated) has decided to block access to the
temp directory.  If this is the case, then you'll have to stop that
program doing that.