[Spambayes] retrieving a deleted spam e-mail

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 29 01:32:19 CEST 2005

> I am looking for a name that might have been deleted on my Spam.
> How do I find it?

Do you mean that you're looking for a message that was classified as
spam?  If so, please see FAQ 3.12:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#some-of-my-mail-is-going-missing>

If you mean that you made a classification error and want to correct
it, then find the message that was misclassified in the spam folder,
select it, and click the "Recover from spam" button on the toolbar;
this will perform the necessary training.

If you're talking about using some sort of address-based
classification, this is called whitelisting.  6.6 FAQ explains why
SpamBayes does not include whitelisting.

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#why-don-t-you-add-whitelisting-
blacklisting-to-spambayes>