[Spambayes] FW: SpamBayes no longer enabled in Outlook

Ray & Judy Rosich RKJLRosich at Qwest.net
Sat Apr 1 16:28:07 CEST 2006

As is my usual habit, last night when I booted my PC, I downloaded any
updates for the Norton Internet Security Suite using LiveUpdate, for
SpyBotS&D, & for AdAware. The last two had no updates.

Following that the SpamBayes buttons disappeared from the Outlook
toolbar. As directed by the Troubleshooting steps, I went:
--1) Tools/Options.../Other(tab)/Advanced Options.../COM Add-Ins
--2) Checked the box for SpamBayes.OutlookAddIn and then clicked OK.
--3) I OK'd out of each window in turn, and when I got back to Outlook,
there were still no SpamBayes buttons or controls of any kind.
--4) I went through '1' above again and found that the
SpamBayes.OutlookAddIn box was unchecked, so I checked it and then
clicked OK.
--5) To double-check that it was not 'checked', I clicked COM Add-Ins,
and I found that it was unchecked.
--6) Nothing I do seems to be able to activate SpamBayes on my outlook!
I even uninstalled and reinstalled SpamBayes. Following the reinstall
all the file 'spambayes1.log' contains is the single line "Registered:
SpamBayes.OutlookAddin" and since then, no further log files have been
created (since SpamBayes.OutlookAddin isn't active).
--7) I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625), Windows 2000
Pro 5.0.2195 SP2 Build 2195, SpamBayes Outlook AddIn 0.0.2, and Norton
Internet Security 2004.

I found that the combination of SpamBayes and the Norton Anti-Spam
managed to catch almost everything and I'd like them both back and
active.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on here and what I might
be able to do about it?  Thanks!

... Ray Rosich
[mailto:RKJLRosich at Qwest.net]