[Spambayes] Suggestion for the faq - install (for example withEudora)

Thomas de Borman t.deborman at web.de
Wed Apr 5 00:00:50 CEST 2006

I don't use Outlook Express. Look at the Faq to the Point 2.4 and
then it works (I have Eudora 7.0.1.0 - the latest; Sponsored mode)
for POP as described (even for more than one account). However, I
cannot configure it for SMTP - it doesn't works. The reason is still
unknow, I use Avast! Antivirus, Spambayes 1.0.4 and Eudora (+ Windows
XP SP2). The message is sent and with the last step (Eudora says ".")
no answer comes from the Server. I want to have a look later and
eventually post a separate threat whn i find the time... although it
is made now :-). Apart that (which is a pity because a part of the
self learning is not used :-() it works OK.

T. de Borman

I don't use Eudora but I may have clients who do. So as a matter
of interest, is the SpamBayes installation for Eudora any
different to the installation for Outlook Express? Are there
Eudora-specific things that have to be taken into account?

Obviously the precise means of assigning "localhost" as the POP3
server will differ for all eMail clients.

TIA
  - Bill H.

at python.org

otherwise it