[Spambayes] Outlook Express problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Apr 16 07:41:32 CEST 2006

>> whenever we try to send messages, OE asks for fresh password and
>> login information from the server. The saved password and login
>> information for our ISP (Earthlink.net) doesn't work any longer.
>> Replacing "pop.earthlink.net" with "localhost" seems to be
>> preventing us from accessing our email account at Earthlink.
>
> If you incoming mail is via POP3, is there really a necessity to be
> filtering SMTP (outgoing) at all?

Note, too, that the SpamBayes SMTP proxy does not, in fact, do any
filtering.  It exists as a training method (you can forward mails to
train, rather than using the web interface) only, and in fact does
not work with Outlook Express (because you can't forward an email
from Outlook Express intact).

=Tony.Meyer