[Spambayes] Is this mailinglist spamproof?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 20:29:56 CEST 2006

[amedee at amedee.be]
> Is the spambayes mailing list spamproof?

Nope, not at all.  Because spam is routinely discussed here, and
samples of spam routinely posted here, "almost all" of python.org's
content-based anti-spam gimmicks are intentionally disabled for the
SpamBayes lists.  In addition, this list is both public and
unmoderated.

> Because I think I saw something "spammy" on the mailing list recently...

Look more carefully and you'll see things outrageously spammy :-)

> Any good suggestions for catching the occasional spam on mailing lists?

A personally-trained SpamBayes does well at this, IME.