[Spambayes] Problem with SpamBayes POP3 Proxy: [PROBLEM SUMMARY]

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Apr 20 05:28:15 CEST 2006

On 17/04/2006, at 5:20 PM, Bill Hely wrote:

> 1.0.4 has an insurmountable problem in that respect; 1.1a1 has
> (in your words) "a serious pop3proxy bug" (you didn't say what)
> and, believe me Tony, it is quite inconceivable that any "average
> user" is even going to attempt the CVS route.
>
> So where to?

The more people that pester me to get a release done, the more
quickly it will be done (if the time it takes me to delete/reply to
the messages exceeds that which it would take to do the release, then
it just makes sense).

I know that almost no-one will go the CVS route, which is why I very
rarely recommend it.

The situation is that 1.0.4 will work, but (with OE) has flawed
filtering (iff you get ham that has spam in the To: and Subject:).
1.1a1 will not work - you will get SpamBayes taking huge amounts of
memory and corrupted databases.

> I'm trying to contribute to "the cause", but I seem to have hit a
> brick wall with the case of other-than-Outlook clients.

The brick wall is the limited time I and the other developers have a
the moment, which has held up 1.1a2 by a year or so.  However, it is
now actually on its way (see previous message).

=Tony.Meyer