[Spambayes] Moving between i686 and x86_64 'systems'

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Apr 20 12:19:21 CEST 2006

[Tony Meyer]
>> I'm 90% sure that ZODB (if you're using SpamBayes 1.1a1) would work.

[Tim Peters]
> That too:  ZODB uses Python pickles to store object state, and
> inherits platform-independence from that.  ZODB's FileStorage format
> is also platform-independent.  If we're using "I" flavors of ZODB
> BTrees,

I don't think we are.  wordinfo, which I believe is the only BTree,
is a OOBTree [token to (hamcount, spamcount)].  The ZODB storage is
fairly rough, since I'm really only just learning how to properly use
ZODB.  Would two OIBTrees (token to count) be more efficient than a
single OOBTree?  (And do we care if it would be?)

> a bug in those makes it possible to lose information silently
> on a 64-bits box when storing integers that don't actually fit in 32
> bits:
>
>     http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1592
>
> I strongly doubt SpamBayes tickles that bug, though.

Well, it could when someone has 4.3 billion ham or spam trained,
right? ;)