[Spambayes] spambayes and maildrop (xfilter)

b52 at entrap.de b52 at entrap.de
Mon Apr 24 22:21:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

well I solved the problem.
In the virtual users home directory was an old .spambayesrc file in a
wrong format. The sb_filter.py tried to interpret that file and crashed.

I haven't seen that problem by invoking sb_filter.py manually because it
was a virtual user that only exists in mysql. The real system user for
mail is "vmail".

If I invoked the command manually as vmail user, spambayes looked in
/home/vmail for a .spambayesrc file which doesn't exist, so it worked.
If maildrop invoked that command with xfilter, $HOME was
/home/vmail/domain/user where the wrong .spambayesrc existed, so it
failed.

bye, b52