[Spambayes] training suggestions

Dhaval Patel dhaval at patel.sh
Thu Aug 3 20:24:56 CEST 2006

How do other people on this list setup their environment so that training more accurate
and simple for their users?

My users are not technical and they do not understand how spambayes actually works. They
just know to put spam and ham in the appropriate folders and every night it will get
trained.  I want to make things as easy for them as possible.

Ofcourse between the time they finish sorting their emails and the time that the
training process runs, there might be misclassifications which will affect the training
for the worse. Sometimes they might not have a check to sort out the spams and hams for
a few days which is very bad for the training.

I also know that training the same messages twice is not a good thing.   Are there flags
which will not train any message which has already been trained?

I am sure I am not the old peson who deals with this.

If possible, it would be helpful if you show me the flags you use when training
initially after a fresh db is made, and the flags you for ongoing training.

Thanks,
Dhaval