[Spambayes] Unable to view messages to inbox

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 8 00:01:29 CEST 2006

> I have Outlook Express, however, it has not been very secure, and
> Mozilla Thunderbird was set up for my new mail.  Now I am having
> trouble
> receiving my mail.  I have 5 new messages and  I am unable to recover
> them.  I have had a terrible experience with spyware when Norton
> didn't
> help me activate my latest (2006) security, and the security ran out.
> The numbers on the sleeve and box didn't match.  Spent hours with
> Microsoft and Dell, sent my computer to be fixed; it came back still
> with trouble in Windows. Had another person come to house and he
> set up
> my Thunderbird mail, and it worked for a couple days.  Now that is not
> working. Can anything be done other than have Windows completely
> uninstalled, then reinstalled?  I don't have backups for my programs,
> but nothing serious on computer but mail I have saved.  And I didn't
> know you existed.  This just came up when I wrote a note regarding
> this.

In all of this, you haven't mentioned SpamBayes at all.  You sent
your message to a mailing list that offers help with the spam filter
SpamBayes.  Is that what you meant to do?  We can't help at all with
problems with Thunderbird (apart from using Thunderbird with SpamBayes).

If you are using SpamBayes, could you please be a bit more specific
about what is going wrong?  In particular, please let us know what
you expect to happen, what actually happens, and if any error
messages appear, what they are.

If you're not using SpamBayes, then it would be interesting to know
why you thought this was the address to write to for help.

=Tony.Meyer