[Spambayes] UI issue

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 8 00:05:27 CEST 2006

>> I would like to suggest that rather than having the Delete As
>> Spam button disappear from the toolbar as it does now, it should
>> remain,
>> in an obviously disabled state.
> I'm not that keen on the idea - disabled UI elements are confusing
> enough as
> it is, and one that never becomes enabled are more so!
> I'm willing to be convinced by a chorus of
> 'me too!'s

My vote is definitely for the status quo.  I think it's definitely
better interface design to only have the buttons that can be used
displayed.  It also means that apart from the unsure folder, the
toolbar only has a single button (i.e. "Spam" in the spam folder, and
"Not Spam" anywhere else) which takes up less space (the Outlook
toolbars are already pretty crowded).

FWIW, IIRC we have never had a request for this before, so that's an
indicator (perhaps not a great one) that the status quo is generally