[Spambayes] Instalation problemsl...

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 8 00:12:54 CEST 2006

> I have been trying to install SpamBayes 1.0.4 onto my machine,
> which runs Windows XP / Office 2003.  I have downloaded and run
> versions from two different mirrors and direct from the link on the
> site, but none of them seems to work.  The install wizard claims to
> have done its thing, but I can't get it to open with Outlook.

You appear to be using Outlook Express rather than Outlook.  Is that
the case?  If so, the installation process is slightly more involved
than with Outlook.

There are step-by-step instructions for setting up SpamBayes with
Outlook Express here:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-do-i-set-up-spambayes-and-outlook-
express>

If you are using Outlook, the first time you opened it after
installing SpamBayes it should have displayed a setup wizard.  Did
that happen?

=Tony.Meyer