[Spambayes] SpamBayes 1.1a2 on Linux, IMAP connection problem

Ryan Andrews randrews at telesoft-technologies.com
Wed Aug 9 09:10:13 CEST 2006

Hi

I use Mandriva PowerPack 2006 as my OS and Kmail as my email client. I receive
email via IMAP (Note the email server is a Linux base running Exim). I have
installed SpamBayes 1.1a2 as stated in your README, by running setup.py build
and setup.py install. After this I run sb_imapfilter.py -b, to setup
SpamBayes. I get the webpage displayed and I enter the server information
only as required. I leave out the port numbers so they default to 143. I then
performed a Save & Shutdown. When I re-run sb_imapfilter.py -b in a terminal
I get the following error: Cannot connect to server mail.xxx.com on port 143.
I have checked my server settings and they are right. The server does not use
SSL so port 143 is correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan