[Spambayes] Update Spambays

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Aug 10 08:15:34 CEST 2006

> I have been using version .4 with Outlook Express for the past few
> years.
> I guess it's time to update to the latest version.

I started a reply to this assuming that you meant a version before
1.0 ('004' in the old Outlook binary speak, or 1.0a4).  However, did
you maybe mean 1.0.4?  If so, that's still the latest stable version
(if it ain't broke...)  If not, then the rest of this may be applicable:

> Is there anything I need to know about downloading the latest?
> Will the update pickup my current configuration settings?

0.4 is so long ago that I honestly can't remember.  For a while,
releases have had a "incompatible changes" section at the top of the
release notes indicating if there was anything that would need to be
changed.  You can view the old versions of this via CVS:

<http://spambayes.cvs.sourceforge.net/spambayes/spambayes/
WHAT_IS_NEW.txt?view=log>

(The ones that have a "tag" of a release are the version of
particular interest).

However, this only goes back to the 1.0a2 release, which means that
any changes in 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 (maybe there wasn't a 0.8?  I don't
recall), and 0.9 won't be mentioned.

The best thing to do would be to simply try it and post a (detailed)
request for help here if it doesn't work.

=Tony.Meyer