[Spambayes] Analyzing text in image spam

Peter Barker peterb at zeta.org.au
Wed Aug 23 02:33:04 CEST 2006

I am not getting any funny tokens with underscores when I run spamcounts.

I tried converting my image with giftopnm, which gives a warning, but I can
view the resultant image as a portable bitmap image OK. I then ran ocrad on
it, which said "bad magic number - not a pbm file"
I looked in ImageStripper.py to see what options to use with ocrad, and saw
that ocrad is being called with the -s option. My ocrad (version 0.9) says -s
is an invalid option.

When I set the globals/verbose option in .spambayesrc, spamcounts reported:
saving 23 items to /home/peterb/.image_cache.pickle 100.00% hit rate.

I have attached the gif image I used for testing.

Thanks,
Peter Barker