[Spambayes] SpamBayes 1.0.4 on Windows 2003 Server SP1

Philippe Ferreira phil.f at worldonline.fr
Fri Aug 25 21:05:27 CEST 2006

>Is this something that belongs in the FAQ?  I (thankfully, I think) don't
>even know what a DEP is or why it would be in my BIOS (which I also pretty
>much ignore).

Hi,

"DEP" stands for "Data Execution Prevention". It's a mechanism that
prevent programs to
use areas of memory reserved for the OS. The goal is to increase
security against malwares.

It is handled by the OS (WinXP SP2, and Win2003 Server SP1), and on some
systems,
it is also supported by the hardware (on servers...), to get better
protection.
In my case, I just had to change the parameter in Windows.

It would be great, for other users, to mention this workaround it in the
SpamBayes FAQ !

Philippe.