[Spambayes] SpamBayes 1.0.4 on Windows 2003 Server SP1

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Aug 25 22:44:01 CEST 2006

>     Philippe> Good news ! The problem was the DEP setting under
> Windows.
>
>     Philippe> It was activated for all the programs. I just had to
> set the
>     Philippe> default (windows components only), and SpamBayes was
> up after
>     Philippe> a reboot !
>
> Is this something that belongs in the FAQ?  I (thankfully, I think)
> don't
> even know what a DEP is or why it would be in my BIOS (which I also
> pretty
> much ignore).

It's been in the FAQ for 18 months:

http://spambayes.org/faq.html#after-installing-spambayes-outlook-
crashes-and-then-asks-for-the-plug-in-to-be-disabled

If anyone who has come across the problem wasn't to submit a patch
that they think might mean that people see it in the FAQ (are people
even looking, though?), then that would be welcome.

=Tony.Meyer