[Spambayes] Configuring

Peter James peterjames at bigblue.net.au
Tue Aug 29 08:09:37 CEST 2006

I have installed Spambayes 1.04 (proxy version) from the .exe download. The icon sits on the task bar and start menu, but I cannot get onto the configuration page.. The program is trying to connect to the localhost but always fails.
I have tried entering the address directly into the address bar of IE and also Mozilla, but no success.
I have reinstalled several times.
I have also tried changing the incoming mail setting in OE to localhost first, but this has made no difference.
Nor has having OE loaded or not made any diference.
I feel that there is a problem with my installation, even though there were no problems in the process.
I am runnung XP Pro SP2 with latest updates.
I have trawled through all the FAQs and troubleshooting pages but could find nothing to help with getting onto the configuration interface.
This program had a great write up in PC User and I am keen to get it going

Many thanks,
                     Peter James