[Spambayes] date for new release to handle image spam?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Dec 11 21:53:08 CET 2006

    Will> We've been using spambayes at our company for years now, but of
    Will> late almost all the spam that gets through is image spam, and its
    Will> volume is increasing rapidly.  (See New York Times article,
    Will> December 6, 2006 "Spam Doubles, Finding New Ways to Deliver
    Will> Itself", by Brad Stone.
    Will> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/06/technology/06spam.html)

    Will> Can anyone say when will there be an official release that does
    Will> something about it?

I suppose I should answer this.  There were some people testing the OCR
stuff on Windows.  I got a raft of bug reports about Unix-centric problems
in the code.  Since I fixed them I've heard nothing.  I don't know if that's
good or bad.  On the one hand it works well for me.  On the other hand I've
had no real feedback on the effectiveness of the recent additions
(especially the OCR stuff) from other people.

With the exception of building a Windows installer I think I can pretty much
do a 1.1 beta release.  (I can probably con someone into building a Windows
release.)  What platform do you need SpamBayes on?  Are you willing to test
a beta release?

Skip