[Spambayes] spambayes won't load in OL 2003

Zac Mutrux zac at mutrux.com
Mon Dec 18 07:56:44 CET 2006

I have a user running Outlook 2003. From time to time Spambayes craps
out and has to be reinstalled, but this time it won't load no matter
what I do. I've uninstalled Spambayes, removed the data files etc,
then reinstalled to no good effect. When I check the COM add-ins,
Spambayes shows up but the box is unchecked. I check the box, shut
down Outlook and restart, but nothing changes.

I thought it might be a corrupt Outlook profile, so I tested with a
new profile, but no luck. Also ran a Detect and Repair without any
changes. Now I'm uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook to see if that
does anything.

I read the troubleshooting document and looked at the SpamBayes log.
It indicates that the add-in has registered successfully and I don't
see any errors. It seems kind of short for a log file, only two
lines, but maybe SpamBayes just doesn't have a lot to say.

I would appreciate any assistance y'all can provide.

Thanks,

Zac

--
Zac Mutrux Consulting
Technology guidance, support and management services.

1370 Mission Street, 4th Fl, San Francisco, CA, 94103-2654
Mobile: (415) 359-3781     Fax: (415) 869-3904