[Spambayes] SpamBayes for Olde Worlde environments

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Mon Dec 18 17:02:05 CET 2006

On Mon, December 18, 2006 16:45, Coe, Bob said:
> If you get your mail from a POP3 server, you may be able to configure
> your mail client to first download only the message headers. You could
> then download the bodies of only the messages that don't look like spam.

For the Windoze users: this is how MailWasher works. (also seems to work
on Linux but I haven't tried).
Contrary to Spambayes, Mailwasher is _not_ Free(libre) software. However
it is free(gratis) software.
http://www.mailwasher.net/download.php
There is also Mailwasher Pro, which is neither free(gratis) nor
Free(libre). I find it has 37 reasons not to use it. (MW Pro costs
US$37.00)

--
Amedee Van Gasse