[Spambayes] spambayes won't load in OL 2003

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Wed Dec 20 17:36:13 CET 2006

Make sure you've turned off "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP). It's
known to cause problems for Python (and therefore for Spambayes).

Bob

  _____

	From: spambayes-bounces at python.org
[mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org] On Behalf Of Zac Mutrux
	Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 1:57 AM
	To: spambayes at python.org
	Subject: [Spambayes] spambayes won't load in OL 2003

	I have a user running Outlook 2003. From time to time Spambayes
craps out and has to be reinstalled, but this time it won't load no
matter what I do. I've uninstalled Spambayes, removed the data files
etc, then reinstalled to no good effect. When I check the COM add-ins,
Spambayes shows up but the box is unchecked. I check the box, shut down
Outlook and restart, but nothing changes.

	I thought it might be a corrupt Outlook profile, so I tested
with a new profile, but no luck. Also ran a Detect and Repair without
any changes. Now I'm uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook to see if
that does anything.

	I read the troubleshooting document and looked at the SpamBayes
log. It indicates that the add-in has registered successfully and I
don't see any errors. It seems kind of short for a log file, only two
lines, but maybe SpamBayes just doesn't have a lot to say.

	I would appreciate any assistance y'all can provide.

	Thanks,

	Zac

	--
	Zac Mutrux Consulting
	Technology guidance, support and management services.

	1370 Mission Street, 4th Fl, San Francisco, CA, 94103-2654
	Mobile: (415) 359-3781     Fax: (415) 869-3904