[Spambayes] Google Desktop effects on Spambayes

Daniel Rose drose at nla.gov.au
Tue Feb 7 22:43:58 CET 2006

In my experience at a dept. of about 500 PCs, I am confident that google
desktop search causes problems on some machines in some applications in
an apparently haphazard manner.  I strongly recommend removing GDS first
just to test.  Our biggest problems were with MS Word, but other
programs could not work properly while GDS was running either.

Secondly, I have also seen the SB problems you describe -- double check
that you are an admin, that you installed SB as an admin and that you
are running outlook as the same user that you installed SB with.  Also
make sure that you are running Outlook, not Outlook express.  Cheers!