[Spambayes] Extracting DB results

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Feb 10 02:10:57 CET 2006

> How should I go about extracting the contents of my, rather huge,
> "default_bayes_database.db" file? I have exactly zero direct
> experience
> with Python, but I can learn.

Get the source, install Python, and use the sb_dbexpimp.py script to
convert the database to a CSV file.

python scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py --help

Will give you an explanation of how it is used.  Basically you'll
want something like:

python scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py -e -f tokens.csv -d "C:\Documents and
Settings\{username}\Application Data\SpamBayes
\default_bayes_database.db"

Once it's in CSV, I presume you'll be able to get it into your SQL
database.