[Spambayes] Report a bug link does not work

Ira Ellman IRA.ELLMAN at asu.edu
Sat Feb 18 18:25:51 CET 2006

    I am using Windows XP, with all updates, and Outlook 2003.  Spam
Bayes had been installed and working with no problem. I have Binary
version 1.0.4.  Then problems arose and I attempted, after going through
the instructions in the troubleshooting guide, to use the report a bug
link.  But that link would not work.

    Here is the problem I found: The "Delete As Spam" button ceased
working.  I thought Spam Bayes was otherwise working, so I followed
those instructions in the troubleshooting guide, including eventually
deletion of the "dat" file.  The buttons were rebuilt but still did not
work. It then occurred to me that actually Spam Bayes was not filtering
either, at least it was not filtering as effectively as it did before,
with a much higher proportion of messages in the suspects folder than
the junk folder. I consulted the log file as indicated in the
troubleshooting guide, and it appears to me that the log file is indeed
reporting errors.  E.g., here are two excerpts from the log file:

1. WARNING: Bayes database has 4240 messages, but training database has
4071
pythoncom error: Python error invoking COM method.

2. bsddb._db.DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,
run database recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')
Moving and spam training message 'In debt you can get help today' -
Training on message 'In debt you can get help today' in 'Ira Ellman/Junk
Suspects - pythoncom error: Python error invoking COM method.

Help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Ira Mark Ellman