[Spambayes] Spam with images only ?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Feb 22 10:36:08 CET 2006

> I wonder - lately I am getting lots of messages, that only cotain
> an image -
> which contains the whole message.
> Message usually has subject like this:
> fw: <nick>
> and no text inside (thus poor score possibility)
>
> Is there any way of teaching SBayes to recognise those as spam ?
> They are
> unsure usually.

At the moment, the only tokens SpamBayes will generate for such
messages are from the message headers.  It's possible that this will
be enough (with enough training) to learn to identify the messages as
spam.

I (and no-doubt others outside of the SpamBayes project) am working
on improving tokenization of images.  Unfortunately, while I have a
bit more time to work on this than on getting a 1.1a2 release done,
it's still not a lot.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get something done
that does appear to help, and have it as an experimental option in
1.1a2 (perhaps the end of next month).